2 cup of flour of choice
½ cup of warm water (110 F)
1-tablespoon ground flax meal
3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
1 teaspoon of yeast
½ tablespoon of cinnamon
1/8-teaspoon organic vanilla
3 tablespoon of lemon zest (optional)
4 cup Vegetable oil for frying
For the Glaze
1 ½ cup of icing sugar
Taro powder (to achieve the purple look)
Cocoa powder (chocolate glaze)
Vegan white chocolate (white glaze)
¼ cup of plant based milk. (I used organic Soymilk)
- Activate yeast by mixing them with warm water.
- In a mixing bowl combine the foamy yeast mixture, sugar, flaxmeal, coconut oil, vanilla, and lemon zest (optional)
- Add flour a quarter cup at the time. Add enough flour to form dough. Do not use all the flour if you don’t need it. Knead dough until smooth. Then place in a bowl, and cover with kitchen towel. Place the dough in a warm area until an hour or until doubled in size.
- Scoop dough out on a floured surface then rolls dough to 3/8 inch thick. Cut the dough using a donut cutter or improvise by using a Mason jar top. (I improvised)
- Place the cut out dough on a floured baking sheet and cover with a parchment paper or foil until for 30 minutes or until it double in size.
- Heat the oil to a point where a tiny bit of the dough placed in the center of the pan causes it to bubble and fry nicely.
- Carefully fried the donuts on each side for 90 seconds.
- Placed the donuts on a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- To glaze the donuts, mix the sugar with milk and dip the donuts halfway and placed on a cooling rack to allow the glaze to harden.
- Voila! Enjoy