What’s a smur-fait? Well you’re looking at it! it’s a blue chia parfait. My roommate who’s holding the parfait in the picture came up with the name smurf parfait pudding; for lack of better name I’m using his suggestion.
Chia pudding are not a secret in the vegan/plant based community, in fact I think its one of the most used super food in smoothies or parfait. My problem is I don’t like chia pudding. Am I the only one who doesn’t like Chia pudding? The texture and consistency is just not my favorite…. or so I thought. I accidently woke up one Sunday morning and created this recipe because I believe in multiple chances and different approach to making one recipe. An accidental recipe is now my only favorite version of chia pudding.
Blue Chai tea is a tea company located in Germany who sells organic color changing blue tea for baking, foods, and cocktails. The tea is blue when brewed but turns Pink/ purple when lemon is added. How amazing does that sound! A natural food dye that changes color when lemon is added. When one of my cyber friend told me I about it I was instantly obsessed, especially when I found out it turns pink. I’m a sucker for anything pink.
Don’t forget to let me know when your try this recipe or the tea.
Vanilla Chai Smur-fait Recipe
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tsp. Maple Syrup
1tbsp of blue chai tealeaf
1tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. plant based vanilla yogurt
Granola of choice (I’m using my homemade coconut Pecan Pie Granola)
Handful of berries or fruit of choice
- In a small pot, pour the milk and add the tea. Stir it until the milk is hot and changing color. Set aside until it’s completely cooled.
- Strain the milk to get ride of the loose tealeaf. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Add the chia seeds to the milk mixture and refrigerate it for half an hour or more.
- Once the seeds are completely soaked you’re ready to assemble you’re parfait.
- Start by adding the yogurt in a cup or Mason jar. Add your chia pudding, then the granola, more yogurt, and finally the fruits.
- Voila, Enjoy!