Spiced Southern Fried Chicken With Cinnamon Vanilla Waffle Topped with Fried Egg
- 2 cups of all- purpose flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of butter (melted)
- Nonstick spray
- Cooking Oil
- All- Purpose Flour
- 5 tablespoons of salt or season salt
- 4 tablespoons of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of old bay
- 1 egg
- Black pepper
- Cooking Oil
Putting it all together:
- Start with the waffle batter. In a bowl mix all your dry ingredients. (flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon)
- Slowly add the milk to your mixture. Whisking until it is a little smooth.
- Add you vanilla, eggs, and melted butter to your mixture until it is completely smooth.
Now for the chicken:
- Place the chicken in bowl and season with half the salt and half the pepper. Make sure you rub the seasoning into the chicken for full flavor.
- Season your flour with the remaining salt and pepper, while adding the cayenne pepper and old bay seasoning.
- Blend together and prepare to fry
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees (to check and see its hot enough, drop a pinch of flour in the oil if it dissolves its ready to go)
- Place chicken in flour mixture and coat.
- Drop chicken in fryer and cook until done. Estimated time around 14 minutes.
- For the waffle turn on waffle maker and spray on a nonstick spray.
- Place the batter on the waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Cook your fried egg (over easy) and top with black pepper
Top with your favorite fruit, jam or syrup and enjoy!!!!