If you still haven’t gotten around to trying quinoa, I have the recipe for you! I’ve put in my own personal Chef Judy twist to it by mixing in different flavorful ingredients to give even more life to this delicious dish. This Southwest Quinoa dish will have you subbing it for rice*. I like to prepare a big batch of it and eat it for few days as a side to a protein, either chicken or fish. It can be eaten hot or cold, either way, are both yummy
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
*Full disclosure: this does not apply to Haitian rice.
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 3 teaspoon of Cajun spice, or more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lime, pressed
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cook your quinoa (I usually cooked my quinoa like rice).
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine all the other ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Once cooked, add the quinoa to the rest of ingredients and mix.
- Serve immediately.