I love chocolate baked goodies. Cookies, brownies, cake…they are my weakness.
After having my daughter Scarlett, my goal for this year was to start living a healthier lifestyle. That included giving up my beloved baked goods and other sweets, and for me that means not having them in the house.
There are occasions though where I do have a craving for chocolate and one thing that satisfies my chocolate craving is my Ovaltine bowl cake. Being of West Indian parentage, we always had Ovaltine, Milo, or Horlicks in the pantry. And now in my own home these drinks are staples especially for my husband and two year old – which brings me to the beauty of recipe – I will always have the ingredients on hand, and it’s super easy to make!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (Milo or Ovaltine)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large beaten egg
- 4 tablespoons milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- Add all ingredients into a microwaveable bowl and stir well to mix. Place bowl in microwave for 3 mins and voilà. Deliciousness in a bowl!
- Serve immediately with some extra Nutella and ice cream.
This recipe makes a cake large enough to feed two so with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, what could be more perfect than a delicious chocolate cake topped with ice cream that you and your love can share out of the same bowl!